Sunday, September 21, 2008

PRSSA/PRSA

I recently joined the PRSSA in hopes of meeting people that will someday be beneficial in the future. After joining, I decided that it would be best to know more about what expectations the PRSA has and some of the values that they hold. At first glance I immediately thought of the Boy Scouts of America. They have a lot of the same values, or at least similar ones. It is nice to know that there are people out there in the business world that stick to values. I find those people quite fewer and farther between at this point in my career. I think the thing that I find most important is the emphasis on accountability. If there is no accountability then you could write whatever you wanted without repercussions. This would slowly (or quickly)taint the industry and ruin the reputation of writers in general. I also really like that they promote healthy competition. Isn't that what makes us better? I know in sports that I only got better when I was pushed, either in practice or by playing the best teams. If you do not have to compete, then you are not getting better. If you are not getting better, you are wasting your time.

No comments: