Sunday, September 14, 2008

Email Etiquette

I found it intersting to read those articles and see all of the not so proper things that I have been guilty of doing for a long time. Most of the things that I have always done never crossed my mind that I shouldn't be doing them. I used to cc: people on all of the emails I sent at my job last semester. I just recently started using the bcc: so as to not confuse those that I am sending the actual email to. Other than emails, I don't spend much time on the internet. I do not enoy going into chat rooms or instant messaging people. However, the information in those readings about emails will be very beneficial to me as I go forward in business. I will definitely implement a written email policy when I start my own company. I have always felt that acting and dressing professionally was important to your success but I had never considered how important it was to be professional in the way email correspondence takes place. I will pay a lot more attention to how I use email in the future for personal and professional use.

No comments: