Sunday, October 12, 2008

Troy Oldham's Week 3 Post #2

Today I wanted to talk about why I wish that schools would require people to take at least one PR class. I found this on www.aboutpublicrelations.com. "When sending ideas via email, always include a short, pithy pitch along with your contact information. It is important to make the reporter’s job as easy as possible so make sure to provide the most important news in the first paragraph." Even if it does not deal with a reporter, this is the appropriate way to communicate. I feel like I have so many things going on in my life that I do not want to take the time to read through lengthy garbage. I want all the good, important stuff right up front. If everyone lived by this one principle of PR, then the whole world would be more efficient.

No comments: