Sunday, October 12, 2008

Troy Oldham's Week 3 Post #1

We had Tim Brown, from Richter 7, come and speak to our class on Thursday. I thoroughly enjoyed what he had to say. Not only was he very personable and entertaining, he also taught us a lot of valuable things. He talked a lot on internships and how to screw them up. Even though I do not have an internship right now, I was able to take what he said and apply it to where I work right now. I started a few months ago and I was really excited. The novelty has since worn off. While I still go in on time and get everything done on time, I have definitely had an attitude change. I need to work on that. I don't ever want my employer to think that I have given up or that I am getting a bad attitude on anything like that. He talked a lot about what PR is like at an agency. If I didn't already know what I want to do with my career, I think I would really enjoy working for them, or any other agency for that matter.

No comments: