Sunday, October 5, 2008

Troy Oldham's Class Week 2 Post #2

I haven't fully figured out how to navigate this PRNewsonline website, and maybe it's because I am not a member, but it doesn't seem to have much action at all. I found just one blog on there by a gal named Diane, and I only see posts from her once a week to twice a week. The comments are just as sparce. I just found another blog on there and nothing has been written on it for over 4 weeks. I believe that there is a bright future in PR, but it just doesnt seem like there is that much information out there on it. It seems to get burried behind a lot of other career choices. I did find one interesting point that Diane Schwartz made, "Have social media sites made people less friendly in person and more friendly online? To me, the scene was representative of the new Web 2.0: most people come to social media sites and soak in the information before them but don’t participate. And there’s the vocal minority who keep the conversation flowing and want to be heard. The more things change, the more they stay the same, when it comes to human nature." Kind of interesting to think about. And it seems oh so true.

No comments: